3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
FRONTIERS IN NUCLEAR STRUCTURE, ASTROPHYSICS, AND REACTIONS:
It is with great enthusiasm that we announce that the 3rd international conference
entitled "Frontiers In NUclear STructure, Astrophysics and Reactions" (FINUSTAR 3),
is to be held in the island of Rhodos, from 23 - 27 August 2010. FINUSTAR 3 is
co-organized by the Tandem Accelerator Laboratory of NCSR "Demokritos", Athens, Greece,
and the Cyclotron Laboratory of the University of Jyv?skyl?, Finland.
This is the 3rd in a series of international conferences previously held in 2005 in the
isle of Kos, Greece (http://www.inp.demokritos.gr/~finustar) and in 2007 in Agios Nikolaos,
Crete, Greece (http://www.inp.demokritos.gr/~finustar2). Just like the previous ones, this
conference aims at covering a wide spectrum of research activities in nuclear structure,
nuclear astrophysics and nuclear reactions that due to common instrumentation and research
facilities have been overlapping strongly over the last years.
FINUSTAR 3 will cover the following topics, both experimental and theoretical:
- Nuclear structure at the extremes.
- Collective phenomena and phase transitions in nuclei.
- Exotic excitations.
- Synthesis and structure of the heaviest elements.
- Nuclear masses and ground state properties.
- Ab-initio calculations and the shell model.
- Mean field theories, cluster models and molecular dynamics.
- Scattering and reaction dynamics at low and intermediate energies.
- Nuclear reactions off stability and indirect methods.
- Neutrinos in nuclear astrophysics and astro-particle physics.
- Nuclear astrophysics (Big-Bang nucleosynthesis, s-, r- & p-process and nuclide production).
- Radioactive and exotic relativistic beams.
- Facilities and instrumentation for the future.
The conference will be held at the Rhodos Palace Hotel (http://www.rodos-palace.gr/)
where the last EURONS Town Meeting took place on September 2008.
Rodos Palace is located on the north-eastern coast of Rhodos, 2 Km north of the capital
city Rhodos and about 15 Km from the airport.
The conference will start on Monday morning (August 23) and end on Friday afternoon
(August 27). A welcome reception will take place on Sunday evening, August 22.
The conference banquet will be held on Thursday evening, August 26. The proceedings
of the conference will be published and the name of the publisher will be announced
in the next circular together with more details on accommodation, abstract submission
deadlines etc. Detailed information will soon be available in the FINUSTAR 3 website
Looking forward to welcoming you to the island of Rhodos !
Vivian Demetriou (Scientific Secretary)
Sotirios Harissopulos and Rauno Julin (Chairs)